Wednesday, May 28, 2014

78. khusus kahwin

Last weekend, me and my fiancé went to the compulsory khusus kahwin every Muslim couple in Malaysia has to take before getting married. In my head, I was like greaaaat.... a weekend gone... what can they teach me anyway? It was RM 80 at Masjid Al-Taqwa, TTDI.


So. Negative.

It was 2 pm - 7 pm on Saturday, and 8.30 am - 5.45 pm on Sunday, can you imagine?

So okaylah, I went there with the mindset to just get it over with.. faster take my cert.. 

But to my surprise, I learnt a lot.

I learnt about what a husband's duty is, and a wife's expected duties. About the doa sunat to read before... you know. I found out more about talak, and why a husband has to say it three times. Why women are not given the power. What the reasons are for getting married:

  • Untuk memperoleh ketenangan hidup, kasih sayang dan ketenteraman
  • Memelihara kesucian diri
  • Melaksanakan tuntutan syariat
  • Menjaga keturunan
  • Cara yang halal untuk menyalurkan nafsu seks
  • Mewujudkan kerjasama dan tanggungjawab
  • Dapat mengeratkan silaturahim

So you get the gist. Going there, opened my heart even more to become a better Muslim, and also, to try
 and be the best wife possible. Insha Allah, I will try.

But when I looked to the men's side, where my fiance was sitting, he was asleep, mouth wide open -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :) I love any opinions, feedback, that sort of things. Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond!