Alhamdulillah, we did our HIV test yesterday at Klinik Kesihatan Kelana Jaya (non-reactive for us)! For some bride-to-be's, here are some tips for you:
- If you're submitting your marriage forms to JAIS, the borang ujian saringan HIV is available at the clinic. If you're submitting your marriage forms to JAWI, please download the Borang Ujian Saringan HIV from http://www.jawi.gov.my/borang/borang_hiv.pdf Make sure you print 3 copies for yourself, 3 copies for your partner.
- As soon as your enter, turn right to "Kemasukan Pesakit Luar", counter 1, where you have to queue. No need to take a number. State that you're there to take the Ujian Saringan HIV for akad nikah; they will give you an additional form to fill in.
- Submit all your filled in forms; the person behind the counter will pass you a number and tell you to wait for your name to be called.
- Once your name has been called, collect the forms from the counter 1; they will tell you to proceed to the injections/tests area, where you place your documents in a document box next to the door.
- Wait for your names to be called.
- When they call your name, go into the ward and have your HIV test taken. NO, it's not a big needle or syringe or whatever. They'll do an alcohol swab on the area, prick a needle into one of your fingers, then they'll swab blood from your finger into a test swatch thing (looks like a pregnancy test kit).
- According to the guy who took my blood test, the test response takes very fast - around 15 minutes - but waiting for the doctor to sign the test might take up to an additional half an hour.
- Wait for your name to be called out and receive your test results!
I was surprised that there wasn't even any charge for us (was expected to pay RM 1 per person). It was very fast and efficient (around 1 hour for everything). There's an open car park around the area for RM 3 per entry, so no worries about parking.
No need to take full day leave, half day will do. Come either morning session (not sure of the time) or noon session (2 pm - 4 pm). No appointments accepted, walk-ins only. This was my experience at government clinic, and a very pleasant and efficient one. Please note that the test is valid for up to 6 months only :)
Best of luck, future brides! This tips/advice is only for Klinik Kesihatan Kelana Jaya, am not sure about the procedures from other clinics.