Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6. biker ready.

I must have an affinity for all things (or in this case, people) British, such as Alexa Chung, Keira Knightley, and Sienna Miller. There is something about the effortless chic they put into their style. I only wish it was cold enough in Malaysia for me to wear leather jackets =S Anyway, here is my take on Sienna Miller influenced with a motorcycle style, especially now that my boyfriend is crazy about superbikes (he bought a Kawasaki Ninja 250 back in February and is now looking at cruiser bikes). What he spends on his bike I wish I could spend on shopping, sigh.
biker ready.



Sorry I haven't been blogging as frequently as I did the previous week. I have been spending time with my girlfriends , eating, playing catan, was introduced to L4D2, and took photos for a marathon.

L - R: Me, Sarah, May & Ikhsan at the Standard Chartered Marathon 2011.

Since I have been receiving a lot of positive feedback on Malaysian food I will try to incorporate some food pictures into my blog posts.

Laksa - it's made using spaghetti, and fish sauce which has been boiled for a very long time until the sauce thickens, served with fresh beansprouts, onions, and sambal belacan which is fermented shrimp mixed with fresh chilli and lemon sauce.

This is nasi goreng kampung - basically it's fried rice cooked with egg, chilli, green leafy veggies and chicken in a really hot wok, and garned with fried anchovies.

And finally, Biskut and Stinky waves you goodbye.

This is biskut. Actually she's called Cookie but I kept calling her biskut and so she's biskut now. She's Ikhsan's cat.

This is Stinky (actual name is Angel but she smells). She's a very old Labrador dog who is very enthusiastic and affectionate. She loves water but hates to be dried which is why she stinks. Stinky belongs to May.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! My boyfriend is part Malaysian. The food is super yummy!

    www.blackandblondeone.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. biskut is a nice name! i like em cats all named after food, mine's cendawan, belimbing, and tembikai. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :) I love any opinions, feedback, that sort of things. Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond!