Sunday, February 10, 2013

35. hard work = rezeki

My face here to clog up this block space beforehand yay :D

There was a few bureaucratic snags I hit with my previous projects, so I might be waving goodbye to them for a while or permanently. It is sad to see that something I've worked so hard for hitting a big, rock, obstacle. To borrow a quote from the fierce, Swedish ice queen that is of Ingrid Magnussen (from Janet Filch's White Oleander):
"They assigned me to office work. I told them I'd rather clean toilets than type their bureaucratic vomit."
My projects grew beforehand, exponentially, but not in the way the powers that be deemed fit as "measurable success". How do you measure success anyway? There are some unquantifiable metrics such as loyalty. When you start out a pilot project, of course there'll be lots of obstacles. The thing about starting a new business is that you're walking in the dark, blindly groping your way through the vast black path ahead of you. The only way to get ahead is to soldier on, in the hopes that the path you walk is the correct one. There was so many destinations you could end up to, but you hope that with a bit of brains you'll end up at the right one.

I've digressed. Even though the previous projects tanked, I've learned a lot from it all. How to start something from scratch, with no backings and supports from certain levels, and how perseverance, passion and patience amounts to success. 

I'll be taking on a new project now, which will take approximately one year to develop properly. With a few partners, inshAllah, it will pan out. It's something exciting, which will squeeze all of my mental powers, previous experiences, and creative juices, and this time, we won't be relying on backings and supports. All I need is the support of family and friends, and my faith that the groping in the dark will equal to something successful.

Maybe in a years' time, I can say, Masha Allah, we did it! By the grace of God and patience, with the innocent intention to find rezeki, we might have an abundance of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :) I love any opinions, feedback, that sort of things. Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond!