Sunday, August 6, 2017

Mall Review: Atria Shopping Mall Damansara Jaya

As a mom to a baby-almost-toddler, I tend to prioritise baby-friendly malls. The few things that I rate my experiences are:
  1. Easy access from parking spaces to lifts/ travelators
  2. Baby-friendly toilets (big space for me to bring in my daughter if I am using a stroller)
  3. Baby rooms with hot water facilities
  4. Malls with restaurants/ eateries that are wallet-friendly
  5. The mall must have a supermarket
  6. Baby shops
  7. Department Store
As we live in Selangor, we are spoiled with choice for baby-friendly malls. On weekend, I like to explore the new shopping malls and do my weekly groceries. 

My most recent exploration was at Atria Shopping Mall, Damansara Jaya last Sunday since my husband had work nearby the area. When I was younger, I remember it being a very crowded and tight places. Atria was renovated to become a modern and bigger shopping mall.

Immediately when I arrived, I tried to locate the Baby Room, which was on the second floor.

The front of the Baby Room. I was actually a little confused how to open the door as there was no handles. I pushed it until I realised you had to slide it open.

Click the 'Read More' link below to view the full entry!



The inside decor is very colourful will cute animal murals on the walls. I do wish the diaper bin was closed so the smell is less obvious when you walk into the room.

There's filtered water dispenser for all mommy's convenience.

There was also nursing cubicles in the back. I didn't get to snap a photo as it was full. There was 3 cubicles (I think).

Nearby, there's Milano Coffee, claiming to be authentic Vietnamese coffee supplier. As I am a coffee enthusiast, and I recently visited Ho Chi Minh, I was looking forward to some coffee to hit that spot.

Close up of the menu. I took a Classic Iced Coffee. As far as the taste goes, it was pretty authentic. Although, to me, the brand name is a little baffling as the name Milano Coffee makes me think of Italian coffee, as opposed to Vietnamese Coffee. I didn't take a photo because my daughter was a little restless at this point.


So on the third floor, they have the whole area called Gastro Village where it's shops and restaurants. There are some halal and non-halal restaurants.

For families with young kids, on the second floor, there's a lot of interesting places for them to visit.

Prices at Jungle Gym for weekday vs weekends. Socks are required per entry. They have an indoor cafe for patrons.

There's also a workshop called Playroom where you can leave your kids for them to play and participate in some edutainment workshops.

There's a Ride The Donkey activity where kids can ride the donkey for RM 10.00 for 10 minutes.

There's also a Kiddie Car Ride for RM 5.00 for 10 minutes on weekdays and RM 8.00 for 10 minutes on weekends.

There's also Hamley's Toy Store and Mothercare if you're looking to buy toys/ baby stuff. They also have Jaya Grocer for those interested to purchase groceries. They also have more affordable food eateries such as Wendy's, Subway and KFC.


Waiting for the husband @ KFC whilst he finishes work.

This was the last photo I got for the day before she started to get restless and wanted to walk. 

Rating:
  1. Easy access from parking spaces to lifts/ travelators - 4/5
    1. Not 5/5 because it's a tight squeeze from the elevator (it's blocked by fire escape doors - not sure why)
  2. Baby-friendly toilets (big space for me to bring in my daughter if I am using a stroller) - 3.5/5
    1. Nice facilities but they should make it available on all floors - also, not every floor had stroller-friendly toilets
  3. Baby rooms with hot water facilities - 4.5/ 5 
    1. Not 5/5 because it was a tight squeeze - they should add chairs for dads who need to accompany the moms
  4. Malls with restaurants/ eateries that are wallet-friendly - 5/5
    1. There was a variety of shops for all types of budget. Super like!
  5. The mall must have a supermarket - 5/5
    1. Jaya Grocer - love the variety of seafood and Japanese food there!
  6. Baby shops - 5/5
    1. Lots of baby shops and activities for parents with kids to do!
  7. Department Store - N/A 
    1. Atria didn't have one unfortunately
Overall Rating: 4/5

Parking seems to be a little hard to find, and for lack of department store. It's bigger than it looks for sure. All in all, I would visit Atria again!

Information:
Address: Atria Shopping GalleryJalan SS 22/23,
Damansara Jaya, 47400
Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Operating Hours:
10.30 am – 10.30 pm

Tel: +6(603) 7733 5156
Email: info@atria.com.my

*This post was not sponsored or endorsed by The Atria Shopping Gallery.

1 comment:

  1. That looks an awesome place. I'm gonna try to visit it. I'm pretty sure me and my friends are going to love it. Try visiting Ayala Center Makati, you'll love it too. Anyway, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :) I love any opinions, feedback, that sort of things. Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond!