Wednesday, April 3, 2013

48. getaway to melaka: part 2 (jonker street + klebang coconut shake + hard rock cafe, melaka)

After eating the Ee Ji Ban chicken rice balls (hehe I love saying that, ee ji ban) we proceeded to head to the touristy side of Melaka town. Our first spot was to Jonker Street/Walk/whichever, an entire street devoted to souvenirs, cheap fruity soda, durian cream puffs and oriental trinkets. Some of the cool things we saw:

 
These pictures were taken from inside the car ngeh ngeh. This gwailo was standing on the side of the street, frowning at every car and just admiring the back-to-back traffic in front of her. 

We went into a Jonker Heritage World Heritage Park, dedicated to Datuk Wira Dr. Gan Boon Leong. In the year 2000, he was appointed to head a committee that aimed to bring life to the place, and expand it as a marketplace for local businesses. In 2008, UNESCO listed Jonker Walk as part of its World Heritage Site. It's now a very popular place for tourists and locals alike, especially during night time. 



We had some gorgeous durian cream puffs, Portuguese egg tarts, and durian ice cream in Jonker Street. On hindsight, we should have bought more, and I should have taken more photos. Oh well. I was too busy sweating and gobbling everything =.= On the way back to our car, we passed by the canal, and imagine what I saw. My eyes literally lit up.
YEAP Hard Rock Cafe in Melaka! How long has that been there? I  bought the magnet (I'm trying to collect the Hard Rock magnets) and forced him to take a photo.

Me: Make sure it's head to toe cause the last picture you took was just my torso and head.
Him: *grunts and clicks*
Me: You sure it's head to toe?
Him: *grunts*

When I checked it later, I saw that he took like 10 inches of the black wall below me and half of the guitar neck was not included, owwhh~~

On the drive back home, I asked him to pass by Klebang for the famous Klebang Coconut Shake. We were stuck in traffic for a good 20 minutes just trying to park the car, and queued for 45 minutes in the hot sun trying to get the shake. It was like 3 plus in the afternoon. Man, Malaysians really love their food. 
 

I suppose it was quite worth the wait. Even though it's just bits of fresh coconut with ice cream and what I presume to be a bit of fresh cream or milk. The main thing was that it was cheap. Like RM 2.50 per drink. Oh BTW, you can either queue up to tapau (takeaway) or sit and drink on the spot. You can't have it both ways.

The address and info pooled from other blogs:

Famous Coconut Shake Klebang
(Landmark: Caltex petrol station)
Business hours : 12.30pm-6.30pm daily
Friday: 2pm-6.30pm
Tel: +6 013-399 4061


Overall, Melaka provided us a sufficiently fun, day trip. It's full of food and walking around, if you're into that sort of thing :) Just remember that if you see it and like it, try it. Else you might be full of remorse like *some* people who thought they should have bought more durian cream puffs on the road back home. 

All photos are shot with Sony Xperia Z.

1 comment:

  1. i ada blog pasal u sket :-) takpe kan?
    http://haibeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :) I love any opinions, feedback, that sort of things. Let me know if you have any questions and I will respond!